After a bit of thought, I have compiled my top 5 dancing memories from the last 10 years. There were a couple of absolute no-brainers in the list, ones that always put a smile on my face when I see them! After much deliberation, I have decided that it is Felipe Peliwo who just misses the cut, but it’s worth checking him out nonetheless! The young Canadian’s performance came at Montreal in 2012 at a Davis Cup tie, when only 18 years of age. It is also worth checking out the French Davis Cup boys in Guadeloupe in 2016!
(5) Caro Wozniacki and Dom Cibulkova – They make the top 5 by the skin of their teeth due to song choice, Peliwo was edging it on points until this! You can see Woz is a big fan of the tune as she really gets into it. Some cheesy moves here that are not the best, but I am not one to think I can do any better and I’m sure both of these ladies can! DANZA KUDURO!
(4) Andrea Petkovic – Petkorazzi! Always high in the list for banter and to be honest I cannot resist a little bit of the Petko Dance. The German has often been seen pulling off some special moves, my personal favourite is this one after beating Beth Mattek-Sands in the second round of the U.S Open in 2010. These funky moves are finished off by blowing the smoke from the barrel as she completed her smoking hot performance!
(3) Milos Raonic and various others – This is going back to 2013 and the player’s party in Monte-Carlo. The clip actually made my recent blog, Some random moments on the ATP Tour from a random kinda guy! Every time I watch this clip it gets me, it just all seems to fall into place! There is no doubt that Raonic is the star performer in this but plenty of others play their part! Monaco, Murray, Nadal, Bopanna, Darcis and Aisam Ul-Haq Qureshi (great moves) all get involved. Great poker faces from Bopanna and Pico Monaco! A top effort from all involved.
(2) Serena Williams – Having just won the Olympic gold medal at London 2012, The G.O.A.T. decided to show off her moves by doing the Crip Walk. This is not the first or last time that Serena has shown she can bust a groove, but it is my favourite! Not the easiest of moves to pull off but it has been executed to perfection. It is brilliant how much Venus is loving it, I seem to remember my reaction being similar! By far the most advanced steps in this chart so far, it’s going to take something special to beat that!
(1) Gael Monfils and Laurent Lokoli – This really is some effort! With Bob Sinclair and Big Ali at the decks, the two went head to head on the Phillipe Chatrier back in 2014 on Kids Day at the French Open. Lokoli shows of some decent robotics and shuffle but Monfils is playing a different game here. The Frenchman loves to show off what he has in the locker and there is one hell of a repertoire! He demonstrates the most complex choreography in the list. If you don’t believe me try pulling some of these moves off and see how difficult it is to replicate! Allez!!!
Andy Del Potro